What To Do?

1. READ jejune (naive and simplistic) views and advise; 2. CHUCKLE, agree, or disagree; 3. COMMENT without fear of retribution 4. KNOW that I appreciate readership!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Random Stuff about sports, me and rock stars

First, I want to announce that I now have an official follower on my blog!  As Bon Scott of AC/DC once said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you." (Say it in a drunken Australian accent.)

Next, I wanted to address my sports picks from my previous blog.  Let's just say that I was smart not to bet real money.   
1.   Duke is out of the final four.  Oh well, I only picked them because "Duke" is a cool name.   
2.  My tennis team, "The Gall" couldn't even beat a team from a home owner's association, oh wait, that was the only team we beat.  But my partner and I created quite a stir on the court.  (My "doubles" partner.  Get your mind out of the gutter.) With gale force winds and temperatures below freezing, we took our final set to a tie break. Everyone was at the fence watching.  It was a nail biter with lots of screeching and hollering.  But we ultimately succumbed to defeat.  (Bad team photo on my Facebook page.) 
3.  After NASCAR, I think I will stick to something I know, horse racing.  The Kentucky Derby! 
4.  Sorry golf fans, I just can't hang.

And now for something completely different:
If that saying rings a bell and you are a Monty Python fan to the nth degree, check out http://pythonline.com.  It's great.  They even have a link to the Ministry of Silly Walks!  

For More Interesting Random Stuff:
I have now become a campaign manager for someone running for city council of a small town.  Fortunately, she has no opponent.  Sheeeewwwww.

More interesting, Everett Newton, the Rock and Roll Attorney, and his band, Little Morphine Annie have now been selected to provide sound track music for a horror film.   There will be a screening with the band to play a 20 minute set at the Studio Movie Grill in Addison, TX on June 18th at 7:00 pm.  It will be horrific!!!!

Last, if you are looking for some trigger words for 2009, here you go:  
Transparency (who are you kidding??)
Anti-Terror (uhhh?  Couldn't we just use the word "nice?")
Conficker  (If you know what this means, that may not be good)

Carpe Diem!

No comments: