What To Do?

1. READ jejune (naive and simplistic) views and advise; 2. CHUCKLE, agree, or disagree; 3. COMMENT without fear of retribution 4. KNOW that I appreciate readership!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

IS IT REVENGE OF THE WIERDOS?

Lately, all I have been motivated to do is trim bushes and clean out closets. This weeks series of weird incidents has awakened my creative juices. Sure, the big fat Italian wedding in San Antonio was fun despite the 100 degree weather, and I could spend time writing about politics; but nothing beats the fact that Ryan O'Neal still didn't get around to exchanging vows with Farrah Fawcett before her long struggle with cancer finally ended. Maybe his little visit to jail for DWI a couple of months ago deterred him. Nice move.

Not only was Farrah duped out of a wish to marry her long time on again off again lover and father of her child(ren), she was also shoved right out of the limelight by the biggest weirdo of them all, Michael Jackson. Yes, he is king of the weirdos, but he is also the king of pop iconville. Red leather jackets, silver gloves, Pepsi commercials, Thriller and moon walking. And, in a weird way, so many people connected with his music at various times in their lives. It helped provide me with an outlet during a bad time, giving me something to talk to about with my Dad of all people. He made a splash on MTV and actually gave people insight in the making of music videos. In fact, there is an entire prison population in the Philippines that re-created the Thriller video (as well as thousands of other people around the World).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o
Yes, a weirdo, and yes he stole the limelight from Farrah, but he is the King of Pop. Anybody want to go to Neverland?

And poor Ed McMahon. The saddest part about his death is that he was forced to do infomercials to earn a living. I would want to die too. (just kidding).

Speaking of infomercials, the king of infomercials, the God of pitchmen, the OxiClean mega mogul, Billy Mays died suddenly and unexpectedly. When my boyfriend told me that Mays was a passenger on a US Air flight which, the day before, had experienced a blowout upon landing, I immediately thought that he likely hit his head. We shall see.

I'm glad the week is over, and I'm sure a lot of other people living in Hollywood are too! I promise, my next blog will be a bit more upbeat.

Carpe Diem!

No comments: