What To Do?

1. READ jejune (naive and simplistic) views and advise; 2. CHUCKLE, agree, or disagree; 3. COMMENT without fear of retribution 4. KNOW that I appreciate readership!

Monday, January 5, 2009

HELLO 2009!

So you think you had a bad year?  I have read and heard a resounding echo of 'good riddance' to 2008.  Blogs, twitter, articles, op-eds . . . it's every where, we all agree, something (or everything) went awry in 2008.  

When I and the people around me are collectively having a bad day, week, (or year), I usually equate it with a false alignment of the planets creating a pull on everyone's psyche.  For instance, Mars forgot to move for a couple of minutes.  2008 was riddled with misalignment in the universe and caused people to do wacky things.  We overextended ourselves, got greedy, consumed too much, and let it all hang out while still in the midst of a war.  The year was a roller coaster that started several years ago.  Maybe some of our gravity was lost from time to time, causing the roller coaster to speed out of control.  If it were not on tracks and we were not belted in, we would have been propelled into space disintegrating instantly.  Hopefully everyone kept their seat belt on.

But enough is enough.  Now it is time to slow the roller coaster down and peel ourselves from the seats.   I know, I know . . . you lost $20,000 in stocks; your pension has been depleted; your neighbor got a mortgage handout; you are worried about your employment, etc.  These things are not monsters, it's called "change."  And when we are riding at the highest point of the roller coaster, we don't want change.  We are resistant to change.

I can't say that 2008 was bad at all.  No, I did not win the lottery, get a raise, buy a new car, or even pay off all my debt.   I accepted change.  For me (a Virgo), that is extremely hard.  There are many people in my life that will have conflicting opinions on how I handle change, and I'm sure some of them are not flattering.  But now that we are in the throws of change, let's not forget what got us here.  None of the offensive actions of 2008 would have happened if it were not for a collective ignorance of what is going on around us.  But now that we are here, in 2009, it's time to make wiser decisions.

As sure as the days are really short right now, you have probably created (on paper or in your mind) your new year's resolutions.  Consider the following for 2009:

1.  Things will always change.  It may not be for the better at the moment, but you can "change" that.

2.  Consider living by your own commandments (make them short and simple)

3.  Loose the "crap" in your life.  (whatever that may be.  Things, bad jobs, mean people, etc.)

4.  Do something good with the rest of the "crap" in your life.  (sell something, volunteer, fix it up and reuse it.)

5.  And if you almost got propelled into space by the roller coaster, ride a smaller one!

Ending with a lot of upbeat quips like "git 'r done!", Nike's "Just do It" or "The World is a wonderful place" would just want to make everyone puke.  What I will be happy to provide instead is a swift kick in the ass.  So if you are in need, feel free to respond, e-mail, or call.




3 comments:

Vinny said...

Git 'r done!

Unknown said...

still trying to jump out of my comfort zone...trying to move to Austin, but gotta get a job first!

Anonymous said...

Why is it when I loose the "crap" in my life I end up buying it back at goodwill?